Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it possible to be an LVN and to find work elsewhere than a nursing home? Id love to work in maternity.?

I want to become an LVN (California) and think I would like to work in Maternity. Im aware that alot of LVN jobs are in LTC and nursing homes, but feel I would do better in another area of nursing, like maternity..ideas? Advice?

Is it possible to be an LVN and to find work elsewhere than a nursing home? Id love to work in maternity.?
I currently work as a STNA, and I have done my fair share of talking with the nursing staff at my facility. Your better bet would be to become a RN instead. It is double the time and ends with a degree instead of a certificate. But the pay is much better. And according to the nurses I have spoken with, many hospitals are cutting down on the amount of LPN's they hire because for every LPN, there has to be an RN above him/her. That is my plan, to become a RN.


No comments:

Post a Comment