Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How hard is it to find work in Asheville, NC?

I'm looking to move to Asheville, NC. I know it is an economy based on tourism. How hard would it be for a single person with no kids to find a decent job? By decent I mean enough to make my car payment keep a roof over my head and food in the fridge. I'm willing to rent a room or find a roommate to cut costs.

How hard is it to find work in Asheville, NC?
You should find something here:





http://asheville.craigslist.org/
Reply:If you want a quick job--join COmforce staffing or Snelling. I got a job through comforce with starting pay at 10/hr within the first week of moving here. It sucks BUT it is enough to pay the bills. And if at the end of 3 months you hate your job, just tell comforce you want to be placed somewhere else and they will find you another job.





I just got off my 3 month probation period and was signed up fulltime. If you are looking for benefits and a little above min wage then go this route.





If you have a degree then ask for no LESS than 11 an hour. I didnt realize I was getting screwed when I said 10 was alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment