Friday, July 16, 2010

Travel Tips! How can I find work grape-picking in wineries in Chile and Argentina ?

When does the season start/end?





Other than WWOOFing (Willing Workers On Organic Farms), how do I find work?





Any other tips?

Travel Tips! How can I find work grape-picking in wineries in Chile and Argentina ?
I'm sure that you have to apply at the location. Not a great paying job in either country. Hard work and a short season.
Reply:It's a difficult task, because grape-pickers in Argentina and Chile would never seek out their jobs thru the Internet. To get a more precise search, I would try google.cl (Chile) and google.ar (argentina), keywords: vendimia, recolectar uva, cosecha.





I tried searching but only found more technical jobs like Enologists, wine storaging, etc





Harvest in these countries are during summer, mainly from 2nd half of febuary to first week of May. I suppose that grape-picking in South america is not paid as well as USA, but I suggest you concentrate on chile for it has a better economy right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment