Friday, July 16, 2010

How do I find work in Strasbourg?

I had just received my B.A. in French Studies and was ready to become an Assistant d'Anglais in Strasbourg when I was notified that I was placed on the "waiting-list". Since there is a high possibility that I may be completely rejected, I was wondering if there was any way to find employment in Strasbourg as a citizen of the United States. Unfortunately, I don't have many skills as I am young and fairly unexperienced in the work force. Jobs relating to teaching would are preferred, though any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

How do I find work in Strasbourg?
there is a strong sense of american community in Strasbourg.


Try to contact, they might be able to help you:





ESC - English Speaking Community


Centre Socio-Culturel l’Escale - 78 rue du Docteur François - 67000 Strasbourg


Contact : Frederick William-Smith


Tél : 03 88 28 19 78





Window To Strasbourg


31 rue Frédéric Riff - 67000 Strasbourg


Contact : Elisabeth Barnett


E-mail : Elisabeth.Barnett@wanadoo.fr





Association Alsace Etats-Unis


BP 151R4 - 67004 Strasbourg Cedex





Americans in Alsace


BP 169 - 67004 Strasbourg


Comité de Jumelage Boston-Strasbourg - Association Alsace Etats-Unis


BP 151 R4 - 67004 Strasbourg Cedex


Contacts : Francis Hirn Tél : 03 88 21 56 89 – Fax : 03 88 21 56 03 / E-mail fhirn@sdv.fr


Gilbert Hadey Tél : 03 88 60 70 70


Strasbourg is the sister city of Boston, MA.





You may try a Au Pair too, But very good choice, I come from Strasbourg and it is a beautiful city
Reply:Hi. While I'm not sure whether or not it will help, it couldn't hurt to get in contact with the American Consulate in Strasbourg. They might feasibly be able to fill you in on all of the formalities involved, as well as provide some good tips as to where to look, who to get in touch with, etc. Good luck! http://www.amb-usa.fr/strasbourg/


No comments:

Post a Comment